Hi Future PADI Instructors!
Are you excited for your upcoming IDC? I hope so!
Well, first I would like to congratulate you for choosing to do your IDC with Xclusive IDCs – Leo Saldunbides CD
Before commencing the IDC, you will also need to prepare the following:
- 2 passport style photographs
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months (please use the PADI one).
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or a copy of a qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
- Copies of all documentation from qualifying diving certifications issued by another recognized recreational diver training organization for entry-level, advanced, rescue and leadership level. (PADI Members just bring your cards or eCards on PADI APP.)
- The most recent version of the Instructor manual which can be downloaded from PADI PROS website or simply ask me if you are not a PADI PRO.
- All the certified assistant equipment mentioned in the Training Standard Section of the Instructor Manual.
- Download the PADI APP and PADI Training app to your phone or tablet
ATTENTION Do not forget that during the IDC we do not TEACH AGAIN Dive theory. Please make sure you REVIEW all Dive Theory topics and master the eLearning workbook, which you will receive in the new eLearning digital pack, you will be administered the first dive theory exam on the first day of the PREP IDC. To give you an idea, the score we need for the IDC is 80% or above. Attached you will find some OTHER good study tools, please use them.
I strongly recommend you follow a strategy to fine-tune your studies, avoiding “wasting precious time” and going straight to the point that is the most important to pass the IDC and I.E.
I’m sending you attached a DIVE THEORY SUMMARY in order you can customize your studies and don't waste time, studying exactly what you will find of most importance during the exams on the PADI IDC / PADI Instructor Examination.
Have a study discipline! Dedicate at least 1 hour of your day to go over and study or train any topic regarding your IDC.
My GREATEST advises are:
DIVE THEORY STUDY.
Use the DIVE THEORY SUMMARY files in the pdf I’m sending you attached. In addition, use your DIVING KNOWLEDGE WORKBOOK eLearning (included in the IDC eLearning Crew Pack) along with ENCYCLOPEDIA OF RECREATIONAL DIVING (it came along previously in your DM Crew pack).
General Standards and Procedures: Read and get familiar of your PADI INSTRUCTOR manual and GUIDE TO TEACHING (included in the IDC eLearning Crew Pack). On this 1st phase, take your time, relax, and GET FAMILIAR with it. We ‘ll go over it again during the online part of the IDC.
1-EFR INSTRUCTOR eLearning:
- Take an overall look at the Standards of the EFR Programs.
- Do the KNOWLEDGE REVIEWS for:
· Primary / Secondary Care (Program Standards + Human Body Systems + Medical Emergencies (for this one you will need your EFR Provider manual)
· Care for Children
- Prepare an EFR Marketing Plan – use an outline sample on appendix of you EFR digital Instructor manual. For the paper version, please check the APPENDIX section for this.
- Watch AGAIN the EFR videos AND review your EFR provider manual.
In addition, i STRONGLY RECOMMEND you watch again the 24 DIVE SKILLS of the PADI DIVEMASTER COURSE and read again some chapters of your PADI manuals described below:
2- ADVANCED Open Water Diver Course:
- Navigation (compass navigation is really important!)
- Search and Recovery (especially regarding the use of LIFT BAG and the 3 most important KNOTS = bowl line / 2 half hitches / sheet bend);
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5kwJm5lu9M - Lift Bag Use
For KNOTS, download your PADI APP and check those 3 most important knots in "TOOLS" section in your PADI app.
3- RESCUE DIVER:
This one i recommend also you watch again if possible the skills below on video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrIc5mvV98U - Ex. 4 Distressed Diver Underwater + Alternate Air Source Sharing Ascent
- Panicked Diver on the surface (2 approach methods - SURFACE & UNDERWATER)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rawQPoV7F_c - Underwater
- Tired Diver on the surface
- EX. 7 - UNCONSCIOUS DIVER ON THE SURFACE (VERY IMPORTANT ONE!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVafWBtmfow - Rescue Workshop for IDC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT5ZHsD_CBA - Rescue Ex. 7 - Uncounscious diver surface
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OrnqENm6ew - Rescue Ex. 7 - Unconscious diver surface
4- DIVEMASTER COURSE:
- Review chapters 8 and 9
- Review and train dive planning and the use of RDP flat AND e-RDPml.
* PHYSICS LAWS \;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CDGEKzpzaQ - Charle's Law - Temperature X Volume
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiIaWqKKdT8 - Boyle's Law - Pressure X Volume
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qodBsSMNNk8 - Henry's Law 1 - Decompression Sickness demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhdzNJnCyAY - Henry's Law 2 - Decompression Sickness demo
You'll probably have some doubts and/or questions, so please let me know and I can check it and send you feedback asap.
Please, we’ll use Whatsapp (+552199707-6963) or Google MEET in order we are able to communicate and clear doubts during this phase of your preparation.